An application for admission to the MUST Licence program is evaluated based on the following four main aspects:
- Background in the fundamental sciences (Math, Natural sciences, Computing, …).
- Communication skills in English.
The evaluation of the above aspects is concretely based on:
- Past academic performance: Bac exam results & the transcripts of the last two years of high-school,
- Record of extra-curricular activities and achievements, as detailed in the application form,
- Performance in the MUST Mathematics Admissions Test,
- English Proficiency, either through the MUST English Test, or standardized tests (TOEFL, IELTS, TOIEC, …), and
- Performance in the admission interviews.
Mathematics Admissions Test
English language proficiency
The MUST English Proficiency Test is a requirement for all MUST applicants (with the exception of native English speakers or students who have studied in one of the schools for which the test has been waived, typically those that teach in English). IELTS and TOEFL are also be accepted as alternative English language proficiency tests.
|English Language Test||Minimum score for admission|
|MUST Test||B2 Level|
|TOEFL (Paper)||525 or higher|
|TOEFL (Computer-based)||194 or higher|
|TOEFL IBT (Internet-based)||70 or higher|
|IELTS||Band 6 or above in any skill (B2)
For candidates that did not meet the English Proficiency Requirement, the admission committee may grant a conditional admission subject to the applicant meeting the other admission requirements and completing additional English courses.
The candidate’s motivation and potential are assessed by faculty members during a short half an hour interview. During the interview, candidates are also evaluated on their ability to communicate and express their ideas.
The full list of documents required to complete your application file can be found here: Admission Application Checklist.