As stated in its vision statement, MUST is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence and to keeping educational opportunities attainable to students from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
In this context, MUST offers a number of merit scholarships every year to outstanding students from Tunisia and the region. MUST Merit Scholarships cover 50 to 100% of the candidate’s tuition fees and are awarded according to four main objectives:
- Encouraging academic excellence.
- Promoting participation in extra-curricular activities and commitment to community service.
- Promoting diversity on campus.
- Keeping education attinable to students from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
To be eligible to a Merit scholarship, candidates must:
- Hold a Tunisian Baccalaureate or international equivalent,
- provide proof of outstanding academic performance, as evidenced by the transcripts of the last two years of high school education, Bac exam results, and letters of recommendation,
- provide a record of participation in extra-curricular activities and community service initiatives or other evidence of leadership potential, and if applicable,
- provide proof of income establishing their financial need.
Candidates interested in applying for a MUST Merit scholarship should:
- Complete the pre-application form on this page. Deadline: April 15, 2023.
- Complete the standard MUST application form. You can download the MUST application form by clicking on the following link: Application Form.
- Make sure you check the box on page 1 (financial information section) of the application form stating that you are applying for a scholarship.
- Provide supporting evidence that you meet the eligibility criteria. These include: A personal statement, school transcripts for the last two years, letters of recommendation, proof of any extra-curricular activities, and a statement of guardian income if applicable.
- Send the application form and the supporting documents (electronic/scanned versions are acceptable) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying “Merit Scholarship Application” in the subject line of the email message. Deadline: June 15, 2023.